Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hello

Although I've been reading pf blogs for a few years now, I've been too lazy to start one of my own. Today, I have FINALLY gotten around to it.

So, basically, this is who I am:
  • I am female
  • I am 28 years old
  • I live in Melbourne, Australia (born and bred here)
  • I have a Bachelor of Arts, and after a few years working in administrative jobs, I realised I would need another qualification if I ever wanted to do anything more challenging, so I spent 2008 completing an accounting degree.
  • I have a graduate job lined up at an accounting firm
  • I am currently working in retail whilst I wait for the grad job to start
  • My fiance, with whom I combine all my finances, is a teacher
And this is who I/we am/are financially:

(In Australian Dollars. $1AUD = roughly US67c)

Assets
  • The unit we live in is worth roughly $500,000
  • We have $18,000 in superannuation
  • $5100 in cash
  • $4000 in shares
  • A car worth roughly $5000
Liabilities
  • Mortgage $320,000
  • Student loans (HECS debt) $49,000
  • Credit card $2600
Equity
  • $160,000


 

No comments:

Post a Comment