Sunday, February 22, 2009

Vouchers, vouchers everywhere, but not a thing to buy!

What to do? What to do?

I have a $30 Country Road voucher to be used by 13th March. I received the voucher for having spent $750 or more in a year at CR.  Most of the spending was on work clothes for F that will hopefully last him a few years. I also got a dress, a skirt and a cardigan that I wear to work all the time (one advantage of still working in retail while I wait around to start working in accounting is that I can keep wearing casual clothes and don't need any suits yet). Oh, and I bought a dress for a wedding.  As boring as it sounds, buying the majority of both our wardrobes in the one store is good for the budget. CR clothes are generally classic-styled, and last quite a few years, so we won't need to replace them for a few years.

Anyway, I don't know what to spend the $30 on. There isn't really anything we need before 13th March, and I don't want it to lead to unnecessary spending. At the moment, the ideas I have are:
  • Two pairs of socks for F @ $14.95 each
  • A t-shirt for me for $24.95 or $29.95 depending on the style
  • Four rice bowls @ $7.95 each. This option will cost an extra $1.80.
I also have a $150 Zomp (shoe store) voucher. I have had this voucher since March 2008.  It has no expiry-date, as far as I know :}
I don't know what to spend this on. The only shoes I need will be for work (in accounting), but Zomp don't seem to have anything appropriate at the moment. They don't even have any shoes that I want but don't need. I was thinking of buying some sandals, but I knew the summer would be over so quickly that it wouldn't really be worth it.  

I have a "Get $20 off when you spend $30 or more" offer from Cotton On. They have summer shirts for F for $30 that I'm considered buying, but unlike the other vouchers, this one isn't totally free, so I have to weigh up how much he really needs another shirt. He doesn't feel the cold as much as me, so he might be able to wear it through more of the year than I'd imagine. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment